- Follow a strength-training program that challenges your muscles.
- Consume adequate non-protein calories (carbohydrates and fat) to preserve desired protein calories for muscle growth.
- Eat foods that are high in both carbohydrates and proteins together at the same meal.
- Choose low fat sources of protein and carbohydrates.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently.
- E: Eat breakfast. Be sure to include carbohydrates, protein and fats at this meal. Start the day off right…you’ll be well prepared and fueled!
- A: Add carbohydrates and protein to POST exercise meals. Replenish and refresh!
- T: Toss the supplements.
Between now and November Annie Deremeik, our Fit N Fun Nutritionist, will be guest posting for us! Annie is a Registered Dietitian and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist.