sharing." As adults in a world influenced by social media "share" is heard daily. Well today, we are asking that you combine the kind act of sharing with virtually sharing. It is time to share your fundraising page with your family and friends!
We have covered who to ask, how to ask, and now the technical piece of using your fundraising page.
Once you have created your page, by clicking on the "Start Fundraising" button on the right side of this page and following the steps, you are ready to share and help more children in your region learn and grow with the Y in safe and caring environments.
- Log into your fundraising page using the email and password you created.
- If you cannot find your page, you can log in again by visiting the "Start Fundraising" button on the right and clicking "Log In" in the upper right-hand side of the page
- Share your page on Facebook by clicking the "Like" button about half-way down your page.
- This will ask you to log into Facebook and then you can write a message that will post on your wall.
- Share your page through private or group Facebook message by clicking the Facebook message button about half-way down you page, right next to the "Share" Facebook message
- This will ask you to log into Facebook and then you can write a message that will be sent to those of your friends you choose
- Share your page on Twitter by clicking the "Tweet" button.
- This will ask you to log into Twitter and then you can customize the text before it posts on your Twitter feed
- Share your page by email
- Option 1: Click on the "Email" button about half-way down your fundraising page, next to the "Tweet" button.
- This will open a new page with an appeal message already filled in
- Enter email addresses of your friends and family in the "Recipients" box
- Click the green "Send" button at the bottom of the page
- Option 2: In a separate internet browser tab, open your email account.
- Write an email asking for donations from your friends and family, using the tips from this page.
- Include the URL of your fundraising page, by copying and pasting the URL from the URL bar, when you have your fundraising page open
- Enter the people you want to send the email to in the "To:" section of your email and send!
SHORTCUT! You can always copy and paste the URL of your fundraising page and share it on Twitter, Facebook, Email, online chat, and more!
Please let us know if you have any questions in the comment section below.