For one serving: prep time: 2 mins, cook time: 4 mins
Ingredients for one serving:
- 1/2 cup certified gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup of your favorite milk (cow, soy, almond, etc)
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- sweetner of choice (sugar, stevia, etc) to taste (optional)
- additional banana slices and chopped walnuts to garnish
- Combine all ingredients except for toppings, in a small saucepan.
- Heat on the stove over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Reduce heat to low.
- Continue stirring, adding in a little sweetener to taste if you wish
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and top with additional banana slices and walnuts