- Start with asking your "running friends" where they like to go for their shoes.
- Learn more about your fit. We like this easy to use guide.
- Plan to visit a local running store at the end of the day, after you have been up and walking, so that your feet are swollen and wearing the socks you would normally wear running.
- Visit a local running store to be fitted for shoes. Why? They will properly size you and let you know details about your stride.
- When you try on shoes: wiggle your toes, make sure your heel does not slip out of the shoe, bounce around. They should feel great and not feel like they need to be broken in.
- Do not feel that you have to make a decision right then and there.
Money Saving Tips:
- Do not buy something the day you try! This gives you time to do some research online. We want to support our local stores, so give them a call if you find a better option online.
- Ask for last year's models. If you are not running shoe crazy do you really need the latest running technology or this year's hot colors?
- Ask for a discount! Sometimes if a friend or training group refers you, stores will give you a happy customer discount.