- Bright clothing! Who cares if you match? Throw on the brightest clothing you own.
- Reflect. Don't have clothing with built in reflection? Add some with reflective tape or a $4 vest.
- Run in well-lit areas or well-populated areas. Exploring new routes in the dark is a no-no, along with running in desolate areas. Stick to a well-beaten path.
- Run against traffic. Stay off the road or at the very least, on the shoulder, running toward traffic. You want to be able to see what is coming at you.
- Carry your own light. Whether is be a flashlight in your hand or a head lamp, it not only helps your sight, it helps others see you.
- Tell people where you are running. If no one is home when you leave, leave a note or a text. If you live alone, let someone else know.
- Easy on the tunes. Since your sight will be impaired, you want your ears to be open and receptive.
- Dress warmly. The setting sun will also means dropping temps.
Welcome to the Official Site of The Y in Central Maryland Turkey Trot Charity 5K! We are excited to have you join us for this Thanksgiving morning tradition.
Adults, children and families from across the region come together to not only run (or walk, jog, stroll), but to raise funds so that children living in poverty in Central Maryland have access to Y programs that will forever shape their lives.
Thank you for being part of something good on Thanksgiving Morning!