Welcome to the Official Site of The Y in Central Maryland Turkey Trot Charity 5K! We are excited to have you join us for this Thanksgiving morning tradition.
Adults, children and families from across the region come together to not only run (or walk, jog, stroll), but to raise funds so that children living in poverty in Central Maryland have access to Y programs that will forever shape their lives.
Thank you for being part of something good on Thanksgiving Morning!
Monday, August 29, 2016
Monday, August 15, 2016
- recruit others to walk or run in the Y Turkey Trot at at least two "events". For example, if you belong to a running group, you will wear your Ambassador shirt to a meet up and ask everyone to join you Thanksgiving morning! If you work in an office, you can set up a sign on your desk and invite co-workers to join.
- recruit others to walk or run in the Y Turkey Trot by sharing the event on social media.
- attend a regional meet up at a local coffee shop or Y to get your Turkey Trot toolkit and shirt!
- raise at least $250 to help children right here in Central Maryland! Don't worry, we will give you the tools to do so. If ten friends donate $25, you will reach your goal in no time!
- Registering as a Y Volunteer here. (You will need to set up a username and a password).
- Once you have a username and password, log back into the portal and select 'project catalog' which can be found within the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Filter the project based on the region where you would like to volunteer as an Ambassador.
- Next, look for '2016 Turkey Trot Ambassador Program' [SELECTED REGION].
- Click on the blue button 'volunteer' to the right of the role you select. You will be led through orientation material.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation once you sign-up for the program!
- If you have any questions with registering, please email ericsomerville@ymaryland
.org. If you have questions concerning specific Ambassador program details, email email@example.com
Thursday, August 11, 2016
- The Dancel Y in Ellicott City - Thursdays or Saturdays, starting September 15/22
- The Hill Y in Westminster - Wednesdays, starting September 21
- The Orokawa Y in Towson - Saturdays, starting September 17
- The Ward Y in Abingdon - Saturdays, starting September 17
- The Weinberg Y in Waverly - Wednesdays, starting September 14
- The Y in Arnold - Thursdays, starting September 15
- The Y in Catonsville - Thursdays, starting September 22
- The Y in Parkville - Saturdays, starting September 17
- The Y in Perry Hall - Saturdays, starting September 17
The Y in Pasadena - Wednesdays, starting September 21