When: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 8:30am
Route: The Towson Turkey Trot Charity 5k starts at The Orokawa Y in Towson, runs through the streets of West Towson and Southland Hills and finishes back at The Orokawa Y.
We strongly encourage you to pick up your packets in advance as lines on Thanksgiving morning can be long. You may pick up packets for friends and family, just have their first and last names.
- Tuesday, November 21 - Charm City Run Timonium, 3 - 8 pm
- Wednesday, November 22 - The Orokawa Y in Towson, 10 am - 7 pm
- Thursday, November 23 -The Orokawa Y in Towson, 7 am
Are donations tax deductible? The Y in Central Maryland is designated as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization by the Internal Revenue Service. Your contribution is tax deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. We'll send it to you upon successful completion of your donation. For a copy of our current financial statement, please contact us at 303 W. Chesapeake Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21204 or 443-322-9622.
Can I walk (instead of run)? Of course. You are welcome to run, walk, trot, skip, just keep moving forward!
Are strollers allowed? Yes! Strollers are permitted on the course; however, we ask that for safety reasons you line up at the back of the pack.
- Start on grounds of The Orokawa Y in Towson
- Turn right on Allegheny Avenue and continue to Highland Avenue
- Turn right on Highland Avenue and continue to West Chesapeake Avenue
- Turn right West Chesapeake Avenue and continue to Dixie Drive
- Turn left on Dixie Drive
- Dixie Drive will become West Chesapeake Avenue
- Follow West Chesapeake to Boyce Avenue
- Turn right onto Charles Street and bear right onto Chestnut Avenue
- Continue on Chestnut Avenue to Trafalgar Road
- Turn right on Trafalgar Road and continue to Piccadilly Road
- Turn right on Piccadilly Road and continue to Eton Road
- Turn left on Eaton Road and continue to Allegheny Avenue
- Follow Allegheny Avenue to Highland Avenue
- Turn right on Highland Avenue and continue to West Chesapeake
- Turn right on West Chesapeake and continue into the The Orokawa Y
Where do I park? All parking for race participants and guests is FREE at the Baltimore Avenue garage. Continue on Chesapeake towards downtown Towson. Cross over Bosley Avenue. Turn right on Baltimore Avenue (first right). Turn left into parking garage. There will be no onsite parking for race participants.
Are there prizes? Yes – Medals will be awarded to the top three runners in each age group! Fundraising prizes will be awarded in the weeks following the event.
What t-shirt size should I get? T-shirts are Adult Unisex and Tek fabric. The sizing is as follows: Small - 28 length, 18 width; Medium - 29 length, 20 width; Large - 30 length, 22 width, XLarge - 31 length, 24 width, 2XL - 32 length, 26 wide.